The Save Milton Country Park campaign is currently relatively financially secure, however we know there exists a large group of park users and supporters who wish to donate money to secure the long-term future of the Milton Country Park. We suggest two ways of doing this.
A likely outcome for the survival of the Park is the creation of some kind of charitable trust. That will need money both initially and annually. So if you want to help with that you can pledge money now and the trust will come back to you later to ask you for it. This is tax efficient too as the trust can use Gift Aid to recover your tax if you are a UK taxpayer, something we can't do now.
You can pledge online via our sister web site www.PledgeForThePark.com
If you prefer you can give us money now. We have thought long and hard about this one as what do we do with the money if our campaign fails and the Park closes, or it's taken over by a commercial operator?
We've solved it like this. If you give us money we will invest it in an account at the Milton branch of Cambridge Building society account number 1578284640. We will not touch this money until there is a definite outcome for the Park:
- if a not-for-profit organization takes on the Park in a way which ensures it remains open and free to use then the funds will go to them as soon as SCDC confirm them in that role for them to use good for the Park as they see fit
- if SCDC retain management of the Park in house then the funds will go to the Friends of Milton Country Park for them to use as they see fit under the terms of their constitution
- if the Park closes then the funds will go to the Friends of Milton Country Park for them to use on conservation projects elsewhere under the terms of their constitution
- in any other circumstances the funds will go to the Friends of Milton Country Park for them to use at their discretion under the terms of their constitution
The Friends of Milton Country Park spend their money on projects within the Park which would not otherwise happen such as the Sensory Garden and the Millennium Clock so they are a good home for your money if no not-for-profit organization ends up running the Park.
how to give money
You can do it in any of the following ways:
- Post your cheques, made payable to "Save Milton Country Park" "Friends of Milton Country Park" to SMCP Treasurer, 229 The Sycamores, Milton, Cambridge, CB24 6ZD. If you have collected cash then please bank it yourselves and post us a cheque.
If you've got an internet bank account you can pay money into the account directly. The details are:
Sort Code: 20-17-22
Account No: 40338346
Account Name: Cambridge Building Society
Please let us know if you do that.